About the Course:
The United States Supreme Court has been extremely active in reviewing intellectual property cases. From 2012 to 2015, the Supreme Court will have rendered 10 decisions affecting patents and another six decisions affecting trademarks and copyrights.
This webinar provides background and insight into these recent decisions. Majority opinions and dissenting opinions are dissected. Briefings and analysis regarding issues that have arisen in the wake of recent Supreme Court rulings are rendered.
If you don't know how the Supreme Court's decisions in the following cases will impact patents, trademarks and copyrights, you really should listen to this webinar:
- Bowman v. Monsanto Co.
- Association for Molecular Pathology v. Myriad Genetics
- FTC v. Actavis
- Medtronic v. Mirowski Family Ventures
- Highmark Inc. v. Allcare Health Management System
- Octane Fitness LLC v. ICON Health & Fitness, Inc.
- Nautilus v. Biosig
- Limelight v. Akamai
- Alice Corp. v. CLS Bank Int'l
- Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc. v. Sandoz, Inc.
- Kirtsaeng v. John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Already, LLC v. Nike, Inc.
- Lexmark Int'l, Inc. v. Static Control Components, Inc.
- Petrella v. Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Inc.
- POM Wonderful LLC v. Coca-Cola Co.
- American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., et al. v. Aereo, Inc.
- Attorney Fees
- Inducement Involving Multiple Parties
- Claim Definiteness
- Burden of Proof
- Public Performance
- Doctrine of Laches
- False Advertising
Course Leader: Charles R. Macedo, Partner, Amster Rothstein & Ebenstein LLP
Charles R. Macedo, a physicist by training, litigates in all areas of intellectual property law, including patent, trademark and copyright law, with a special emphasis in complex litigation and appellate work. Companies and individuals from a wide range of industries turn to him to develop offensive and defensive strategies for the development and enforcement of their patent and trademark portfolios.
Fluent in technical jargon spoken by inventors and clients, patentese spoken at the PTO, legalese spoken by courts and attorneys, business jargon spoken by management, and plain English, he seeks to translate complex subject matter into terms all can understand.
The author of The Corporate Insider's Guide to U.S. Patent Practice, Mr. Macedo has been cited as an authority on intellectual property issues by the Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones, BNA, Bloomberg, Inside Counsel, Managing Intellectual Property, Technology Transfer Tactics, IP Law 360, JIPLP and other media.
Course Length: Approx. 1.5 hours
$295 PER USER
Need help purchasing this course? Please contact Neomi Barazani at 609-919-1895 ext. 100 or at email@example.com.